what to expect
What Is Chiropractic For
I like to approach chiropractic for the individual and
I like to think of myself as someone who has a toolbox who gets to lend them out to help, you than have to take the tools and use them.
Chiropractic is good for helping to create movement in areas that have become restricted.
What Is Sports Massage For
When applied skilfully, sports massage is one of the most effective therapies for releasing muscle tension and restoring balance to the musculo-skeletal system. A thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology is necessary for effective treatment. It is important to appreciate that sports massage can benefit not only the sports person but also other individuals e.g. office worker, nurse etc.
Sports massage is perfect for treating injured muscles, connective tissue and ligaments. It helps to improve muscle tone, range of motion, balance and posture. Sports massage is also ideal to prevent sports injury when increasing your activity.
Please wear loose sports clothes and have shorts available for leg treatment.
I try to treat people without having to remove any clothing but sometimes this is neccassary especially with more muscular issues.
As a Chiropractor I like to focus on the individual needs of the patient.
For this reason all patients are required to undergo an initial consultation in order to assess what those specific needs are.
During the consultation:
- A conversation about your medical history will take place in order to understand any potential underlying issues or previous injuries that might affect treatment.
- Specific muscle an neurological testing is carried out to assess your area of issue and ensure treatment is tailored to your needs.
- a short Treatment will than be given
- I will than research the best approach and treatment plan for the patient from the results gained.
Considerations and Warning
There are times when sports massage could be detrimental rather then beneficial.
Sports massage cannot be carried out if:
- you have an acute trauma (sprains, tears, bruising) less than 24-48 hours old
- you are in the first trimester of pregnancy
- you have an infectious skin disease
- you suffer from deep vein thrombosis
GP's must be consulted before undergoing sports massage in the following incidences
- you are suffering from a cardio vascular condition
- you have cancer
- Sports massage can be carried out on those with varicose veins but only on unaffected areas
- Those who have diabetes can have treatment but must be aware that massage has the same effect on your blood sugar as exercise, so the necessary precautions will need to be brought along to the session.
Please feel free to send in your queries. You will find details on how to do this on the contact page.